John A. Lockwood
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Leasing
- Trust and Estate Administration
- J.D., Duke University, 1967
- A.B., Colby College, 1964
John A. Lockwood
John A. Lockwood, formerly a Partner in Ashford & Wriston's Honolulu office, began practicing law in 1968 and joined the firm in 1974. He is currently Of Counsel to the firm.
Mr. Lockwood focuses his practice on real property, commercial leasing, and trust and estate law. His experience includes:
- Leading local counsel in acquisition of a major resort property
- Representation of developers of major downtown office buildings
- Estate planning and trust administration
- Supervision of the firm's probate practice
Mr. Lockwood serves as an arbitrator in the State Court Annexed Arbitration Program. He is a member of the Hawaii State Bar Association and the American Bar Association (Probate & Real Property Section). Mr. Lockwood has lectured on estate administration and commercial leasing for the National Business Institute.
- Mr. Lockwood is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell’s Peer Review Ratings™ service
- In 1986, Mr. Lockwood was elected as a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- He is included in the current edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, in the areas of Trusts and Estates
- He is included in the current listing of Hawaii Super Lawyers in the area of Estate Planning & Probate
Mr. Lockwood is very active in the Hawaii community. He has served on the Board of Directors of various organizations including Child & Family Service (President from 1974-1977) the Rotary Club of Honolulu (President from 2004-2005), Hawaii Public Radio (Chairman from 1990-1992), Aloha United Way, the Visitor Aloha Society of Hawaii (charter member) and the Oceanic Institute. Mr. Lockwood has also served on the Board of Trustees of various entities including Hawaii Loa College (Chairman from 1980-1983), Hawai`i Pacific University, the Foundation of the Rotary Club of Honolulu and the Robert F. Lange Foundation (currently serving as President). Mr. Lockwood has also been active in the Episcopal Church locally, regionally and nationally; he served as the Chancellor of the Episcopal Diocese of Hawai`i for well over 20 years. Mr. Lockwood is Chancellor Emeritus of the Episcopal Diocese of Hawai`i and Trustee Emeritus of Hawai`i Pacific University.