Aaron M. Shumway, Special Projects Counsel, joined the firm in August 2000.
Mr. Shumway focuses on real property transactions, business and technology law. His practice includes:
- Advising clients on title, easements, access and other real property matters.
- Representing landowners in all aspects of the purchase, sale and development of real property, including condominium development.
- Advising clients in the preparation and review of commercial leases, including office, retail, hotel and agricultural leases.
- Advising businesses in licensing, copyright and trademark protection and infringement, and other intellectual property matters.
Mr. Shumway has spoken to financial institutions and community groups, as well as participated in television and radio interviews, regarding the legal effect of electronic signatures and records. He is a member of the Hawai‘i State Bar Association.
Mr. Shumway, an Eagle Scout, has served as a scoutmaster of a local troop in the Aloha Council, Boy Scouts of America, and has participated in many scouting-related activities.
- J.D., Washington & Lee University School of Law, 2000.
- B.A., summa cum laude, Brigham Young University-Hawai`i, 1995.